Saturday, about 5pm, the lottery winner will be revealed.
Based on their record, finishing 22nd, the Sharks have a 5% (1 in 20) chance of winning the lottery. (83% to stay at 9th; 12% to step back to 10th)
Update: Edmonton wins the lottery. Sharks retain #9 pick.
San Jose Mercury News
- WTC: Eve of NHL Draft Lottery, and who might the Sharks take if they don’t get the No. 1 pick?
- Edmonton Oilers — not Sharks — grab top prize in NHL draft lottery
Why We Should Pray They Win Lottery: Because San Jose missing the playoffs for only the second time since 1997, and after getting reserve-swept last season by their arch rivals, would make winning the lottery the Sharkiest thing that ever Sharked.
Why We Should Pray They Don’t Win Lottery: We’d eventually like to see him hoist the Cup.