TV: CSN CA
Satellite radio (click for specific station)
Sharks home record is 2-3-1. Not acceptable when compared to their historic norm. Especially when they’ve been swept by a few Eastern Conference teams.
After a long string of non-division opponents, they are facing the Arizona Coyotes, for the first time this season.
But it won’t be with the same line up that was iced on Thursday, as on Friday, D Jason Demers (and a 2016 3rd pick) was traded to the Dallas Stars for D Brendan Dillon. Dillon, wearing #4, is expected to be in the line up Saturday against the Coyotes.
In case you’re wondering, this is not a new opponent, but they do have a new name. Part of the lease arrangement with the new owners of the Coyotes is to change their “location” from Phoenix (many miles from the city of Glendale where the arena is located) to Arizona (hoping to be able to have a better outreach to the state, perhaps).
TRANSACTION: Burish put on waivers (so likely to be scratch tonight).
Appears that it’ll be Niemi vs Dubnyk in the nets tonight.
Sharks Centric News
Sharks team news
San Jose Mercury News
- Sharks notebook: Thornton having productive season
- New Shark Dillon arrives from Dallas, but his gear doesn’t
- Sharks place veteran Burish on waivers
- WTC: Sharks update: Dillon arrives from Dallas but his gear doesn’t, Demers gone and Burish on waivers, some insightful thoughts from Pavelski — and more
CSN Bay Area/California
- Burish on waivers
- Equipment missing, Dillon hopes to make Sharks debut
- In the Crease: Sharks play first of five against Coyotes
- Sharks notes: McLellan on Burish; Stalock and Brown improving
The Gackle Report
- Dillon: ‘I’m Happy To Be Playing With Them Instead Of Against Them’
- Sharks Waive Burish, Brown Getting Set to Return
San Francisco Chronicle
Neutral Centric News
Opponent Centric News
- ArizonaCoyotes READ ‘Yotes Notes: Rest is critical during hectic stretch of schedule bit.ly/Yotes_YotesNot…
- ArizonaCoyotes READ ‘Yotes Notes | Topics include playing better defense, Lessio’s debut & injury updates for Hanzal, Gormley, etc. bit.ly/Yotes_Notes111…
- ToddWalsh #Coyotes HC Dave Tippett after this morning’s skate in San Jose before game vs #Sharks Chirbit: [Audio] Dave Tippett chirb.it/IDH2wB
- ToddWalsh Around the #Coyotes room this AM w Z, Stone, Doan & Dubnyk on #Sharks game tonight Chirbit: [Audio] Coyotes Room SJ chirb.it/qs44Cp
- ArizonaCoyotes READ #Coyotes at Sharks Preview | Puck drops at 8:30 pm AZ time bit.ly/Yotes_Preview1…
- azc_mclellan A few links…Loss for #Coyotes amid strong effort azc.cc/1uOy4Q6 AND a look at dynamic between Smith/Dubnyk azc.cc/1uO7Vki
- azc_mclellan Schlemko returns after “humbling” experience, Lessio plays and more #Coyotes notes: azc.cc/1uO2hyG via @azcentral
- azc_mclellan Also, you can start leaving questions for my Thursday #Coyotes chat at 1p.m. here: azc.cc/1uRGfLj via @azcentral
- azc_mclellan #Coyotes were supposed to practice this afternoon in San Jose but with a back-to-back coming up against Sharks/Ducks, Tippett chose rest.
- azc_mclellan As for Hanzal, Tippett said he expects Hanzal will skate in the morning and then decision of whether or not he’ll play will come after that.
- azc_mclellan #Coyotes don’t run lines but Dubnyk is first off the ice so he looks like starter vs. #Sharks.
- azc_mclellan Tippett said Hanzal is doubtful for tonight.
- azc_mclellan Game day: #Coyotes at #Sharks azc.cc/1qPKyHq via @azcentral
SBN: Five for Howling